Monday, November 1, 2010

Brain-Storming for Essay #3

I have a whole bunch of ideas on what to do for my third essay but I haven't quite narrowed it down to just one. In last week's class we had made a list about the things that we think we're "experts" at; things we're really go at doing. My list consisted of the following:
                                                   Sociology 
                                                   Movies
                                                   Music
                                                   TV Show- F.R.I.E.N.D.S

*Now you might be somewhat baffled by my first choice but let me explain. I'm an expert in human behavior (or so I believe) but I love studying human interactions and reactions. In my last class called Writing Creatively about Non-fiction, we were told to look at a person or couple and come up with stories that we thought were about them. Where they lived, if they were married, with kids, single, smart, etc. Even at social outings with my friends I can instantly study people and understand what type of connection they have with fellow friends or strangers. It's something that I gathered being a pretty social person that I am myself. I'm the kind of person who will talk to anyone in a one mile radius, telling them what I had done all day. I'm not shy and I also expertise in making new friends whenever I have an opportunity.

*I'm also very pop-culture based. I love love love movies and music. I can recite lines from pretty much any movie I have ever seen in my life. Music is my life, period. I love every genre and with every different kind of melody or rhythm, it changes my mood or enlightens me a little. I love listening to new bands, singers and genres. Lyrics? You say them, I can tell you where it was from. It's scary but that's really how much I listen to music. My collection of movies is also infinite since I ask for one every Christmas.

*I own the whole collection of Friends, the TV series because it's my absolute favorite show. Again, I can most definitely recite every line from any episode. But I don't know how I'd exactly make an essay out of this :-/

Any ideas on how to transform any of my own ideas into essay #3 would be GREATLY appreciated!! :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment